Destination Colorado is proud to recognize our Board President Ellen Collins for receiving the 2019 Meetings Industry Council of Colorado Leadership Award AND the Colorado Meetings + Events Lifetime Achievement Award!
Ellen is Associate Director, Global Group Sales Team representing Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek and Crested Butte resorts in Colorado for Vail Resorts Meetings & Events. She leads her sales team to best serve Colorado-based planners in fulfilling their meeting objectives and aspirational goals. This team will help secure ground transportation needs on Epic Mountain Express, hotel rooms, traditional and outdoor/ on mountain meeting space and dining, golf, skiing, lift tickets and much more. Ellen has been in hotel sales for twenty plus years. Her career started at Swissotel Boston, followed by sales at The Loews Anatole in Dallas, now a Hilton Hotel. In 1995, she moved to be Director of Sales and Marketing for the Loews Denver Hotel. In 2005, Ellen joined Vail Resorts and RockResorts in their Colorado national sales office. She is an active member of MPI, CSAE, PCMA and CWCC (Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce). Ellen is proud to have received the Industry Legacy Award in honor of Sandy Gerety through MPI’s Rocky Mountain Chapter in 2018. She can be reached at email@example.com and at 303-881-7167.
About the Meetings Industry Council (MIC):
The Meetings Industry Council (MIC) of Colorado enhances collaboration among member organizations to foster the growth of the meetings and events industry in Colorado and beyond.
The benefits of the collaborative efforts of MIC include:
- Planning, promoting and execution of the MIC Annual Conference. This effort allows us to maintain one or two full-day, all-inclusive conference for networking, education and trade show/supplier opportunities.
- Exchanging calendars of events to avoid duplication of meeting dates
- Sharing chapter programming information and educational articles for inclusion in each other’s newsletters and providing membership mailing lists once a year per organization to promote organization-sponsored events
- Initiating special joint programs pertaining to relevant issues within the meetings industry
- Expanding networking opportunities and knowledge of the industry
- Initiating joint recommendations and action on pertinent issues to the industry, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Serving Up Hope – Community Service Event
The Meetings Industry Council Annual Leadership Award recognizes individuals that demonstrate active leadership within the meetings industry. This includes leadership within one or more MIC organizations and the personal and professional integrity that allows them to stand out among their peers.
Selection criteria for the award include positions held within industry organizations, committees the leader has chaired and special projects or events they have assisted in organizing. The Selection Committee also reviews specific ways in which the winner has served as a role model to their peers. This includes work towards the advancement of the industry by sharing their knowledge through published articles, presentations to students or businesses and stewardship for the industry with any multitude of organizations related to or impacted by meetings. Many of our past award winners have been recognized with awards from one or more MIC member organizations for the same efforts that solidified their selection as an MIC Industry Leader.
About Colorado Meetings + Events:
Our mission is to reach the professional meeting planner as well as all levels of professionals who plan meetings and events, from administrative executives planning a board retreat to the vice president of marketing organizing a client golf outing.
The Meetings + Events magazines are specifically written and circulated in each state and throughout the surrounding region to expose readers to cultural events, service providers, venues and industry resources available in each market to assist them in planning a meeting or creating the next extraordinary event.
We have developed a variety of additional avenues to encourage and foster your relationship with our readers-your customers. Some of these added benefits include:
- National distribution channel
- Regional editorial advisory board
- Industry tradeshows and regional association presence
- Promotions and lead-generation programs
- Sponsorships and alliances with key industry partners
- Regional community involvement
- E-mail blasts to client list
These programs are designed to connect you with our readers-readers who want to know the very latest happenings in the region. From new venues and major remodels to catering and décor trends, we are leading the way with hospitality-driven content.
Meetings + Events is produced by:
TIGER OAK MEDIA
900 South Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415