BOULDER, Colo…June 20, 2017….For more than 100 years, Boulder locals and visitors have gathered in Hotel Boulderado’s beautiful lobby. As Boulder’s oldest and most historic hotel, the lobby has hosted weddings, featured jazz, welcomed travelers and been a “must see” holiday stop with its dazzling and towering Christmas tree.
June marks a new era in Boulder’s most historic hotel, thanks to a $2.5 million renovation designed to reconfigure the lobby to be more inviting and update the second floor mezzanine level. The lobby now features a beautiful bar with a stunning Sycamore wood bar top and serves Boxcar Coffee drinks and cocktails. The lobby offers more contemporary seating to encourage people to converse, linger and enjoy the atmosphere. There is a connected computer bar in the former front desk area with electrical outlets and workspace alongside the historic key boxes and other highlighted historical elements. Front desk operations are now located in the hotel’s former gift shop, immediately inside the front entrance, where guests can more easily check in and which frees up the lobby for more people to enjoy.
The second floor mezzanine level has been reconfigured to better showcase mountain and downtown views and accommodate larger meetings and events. The Mezzanine can now accommodate up to 250 guests and can also be broken down into smaller more intimate spaces for meetings and social events. This new flexible space can be opened up or separated by attractive frosted glass pane doors. There’s full audio visual capabilities throughout.
According to Managing Partner Frank Day, “Hotel Boulderado has always been a centerpiece of Boulder. To retain our status as a beloved gathering spot, we enhanced the lobby to better accommodate the ways people gather these days. There is more comfortable seating that invites conversation, Spruce Bar for coffee or cocktails and even a computer bar to better serve people who work remotely.”
While the lobby and mezzanine renovations are the biggest improvements made to date, Hotel Boulderado has updated many aspects over the past several years including:
- Complete remodel of all guest rooms in the North Wing, which now feature more modern classic decor. Guests can choose between Victorian charm in the historic section of the hotel or modern styles in the North Wing.
- Remodel of the Ballroom and Event Center bringing modern mountain décor along with historic elements including artwork and photography that capture the historic elements of the property. Included in this is the outdoor Pine Street plaza area that is beautifully adorned with potted flowers, greenery and fountains.
- Spruce Farm & Fish features an updated bar that includes an inviting space for locals and guests to stay and enjoy, to go coffee and pastries, as well as a new chef with impressive credentials working at award-winning west coast restaurants and a new menu that includes brunch all day, every day.
- License No. 1, which was formerly known as the Catacombs, was revamped in 2014 and has been garnering locals’ attention as a classy but approachable speakeasy style bar that serves creative craft cocktails and entertainment including bands and comedy nights throughout the month.
- Locals’ favorite The Corner Bar has retained its classic charm, but added new menu items, ambient evening patio lighting, and special bargains on select nights.
“If you haven’t stayed at Hotel Boulderado lately, you will be in for a delightful surprise,” noted Day. “We’ve worked hard to preserve and honor the hotel’s historic feel while ensuring we offer the amenities and atmosphere that will keep us a relevant and celebrated part of Boulder’s scene moving forward.”
ABOUT HOTEL BOULDERADO: Since 1909, Hotel Boulderado has offered Rocky Mountain elegance in the heart of downtown Boulder. Featuring 160 guest rooms decorated with either a modern mountain or historic Victorian style, three restaurants, 10,000 square feet of meeting space, and a stunningly beautiful lobby.
Hotel Boulderado exudes the welcoming, friendly and unconventional charm that makes the “People’s Republic of Boulder” so beloved.
Media Contact: Joy Meadows, 303-522-9045, email@example.com